- Full Description
By now youll have heard of ASP.NET MVC. This exciting new approach to developing ASP.NET web applications has taken the development world by storm over the last few years. Now a mature technology suitable for mainstream use, its adoption has exploded in recent times.
Until recently, ASP.NET MVC was regarded as an advanced technology only suitable for experienced developers with a strong knowledge of classic ASP.NET and C# coding behind them. This book overturns that prejudice and shows that the beautiful simplicity of ASP.NET MVC is just as suitable for novice developers venturing into real-world application design for the first time.
With the aid of a fully worked demo application this book explains and demonstrates for youÂ the three pillars of MVC in action. Youll see howthe Model, View and Controller patterns work together in a compliementary manner to provide MVCs powerful results.
Theres never been a better time to learn how to use ASP.NETMVC 4. The technology will speed your development times, reduce the verbosity of your code and simplify your application designs all at once. Take the first step towards ASP.NET MVC mastery with Beginning ASP.NET MVC 4.
What youll learn
- How to get started with ASP.NET MVC. What tools and components youll need and how to download and set up the demo application on your system.
- Understand the details of the MVC pattern with deep-dives into each of the Model, View and Controller elements supported by working code showing them in action.
- How to apply and extend the MVC patterns to real world solutions: adding AJAX and jQuery, validation and securing user data, testing and deploying the finished application. All of these are discussed and demonstrated.
Who this book is for
This book is written for readers with basic ASP.NET expertise, such as you might gain from reading Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in C#. You should be familiar with the underlying structure of ASP.NET applications and comfortable following examples that are underpinned with straight-forward C# code.
If you've just found your feet with ASP.NET and are looking to take the next step on the road to mastery then this is the book for you.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing ASP.NET MVC 4Â
- Installing ASP.NET MVC 4
- The Have You Seen Me? ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application
- Data Validation
- Ajax and jQuery
- Testing the Application
- Deploying the Application
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published