- Full Description
Pro Oracle Database 11g RAC on Linux provides full-life-cycle guidance on implementing Oracle Real Application Clusters in a Linux environment. Real Application Clusters, commonly abbreviated as RAC, is Oracles industry-leading architecture for scalable and fault-tolerant databases. RAC allows you to scale up and down by simply adding and subtracting inexpensive Linux servers. Redundancy provided by those multiple, inexpensive servers is the basis for the failover and other fault-tolerance features that RAC provides.
Written by authors well-known for their talent with RAC, Pro Oracle Database 11g RAC on Linux gives you a rock-solid and technically flawless foundation on which to build your RAC-management skills. Authors Julian Dyke and Steve Shaw share their hard-won experience in building RAC clusters, showing you how to build for success using the very latest Oracle technologies, such as Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Oracle Clusterware. Youll learn to troubleshoot performance and other problems. Youll even learn how to correctly deploy RAC in a virtual-machine environment based upon Oracle VM, which is the only virtualization solution supported by Oracle Corporation.
RAC is a complex and powerful technology. It demands expertise in its deployment. You cant just wing it in creating a RAC solution. Julian and Steve have earned the right to term themselves expertin Pro Oracle Database 11g RAC on Linux, they offer a rigorous and technically-correct treatment of RAC that helps you build a solid foundation of expertise and achieve success.
- Rigorous and technically accurate content
- Complete coverage of RAC, from planning to implementation to rollout to ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting
- Up-to-date with the very latest RAC features
What youll learn
- Plan the architecture for a successful RAC installation
- Implement failover and other fault-tolerant features
- Scale RAC clusters up and down as needed to achieve performance targets
- Consolidate RAC clusters using Oracles virtualization solution
- Manage RAC proactively so as to sleep well at night
- Troubleshoot and solve performance and availability problems
Who this book is for
Pro Oracle Database 11g RAC on Linux is written for Oracle Database administrators who want to step up their skills to be equal to the task of managing Real Application Clusters.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- RAC Concepts
- RAC Architecture
- Linux Installation and Configuration
- Grid Infrastructure Installation
- Automatic Storage Management
- RDBMS Installation and Configuration
- Workload Management
- Oracle Performance Monitoring
- Linux Performance Monitoring
- Parallel Execution
- Upgrading to Oracle 11g Release 2
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published