- Full Description
Protecting Oracle Database 12c helps you solve the problem of maximizing the safety, resilience, and security of an Oracle database whilst preserving performance, availability, and integration. The book demonstrates, through coded examples, how you can enable the consolidation features of Oracle Database 12c without increasing risk of either internal corruption or external vulnerability. In addition, new protections not publicly available are included, so that you can see how demonstrable risk improvements can be achieved, measured, and reported through Enterprise Manager 12. Most importantly, the challenge of privileged access control within a consolidation environment will be addressed, thus enabling a safe move to greater efficiency.
- Demonstrates the securing of software and identity vulnerabilities.
- Guides in implementing access controls over privileged accounts.
- Helps you integrate with identity access management systems.
- Provides a safe path to consolidation using the new, pluggable database feature set.
What youll learn
- Secure pre-existing architectural vulnerabilities
- Defend against new risks introduced by Oracle Database 12c
- Control and audit the use of SYS privilege against pluggable databases
- Implement security policies providing for data privacy
- Improve your ability to pass audits
- Prevent data beach through encryption
- Make privileged access control part of identity management
Who this book is for
Protecting Oracle Database 12c is primarily aimed at Oracle database administrators working to safely implement Oracle Database 12c in their environment. The book especially targets administrators making use of the new cloud and consolidation features set, including the pluggable database capabilities.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
PART I. SECURITY OVERVIEW AND HISTORY
1. History of Oracle Database Security
2. Current state of the art
3. Extrapolating current trends
PART II. DEFENSE COOKBOOK
4. User Management System
5. Security vulnerability scanner
6. Centralised audit trail mechanism
7. Pluggable database primer
PART III. SECURITY IN THE 12C RELEASE
8. New 12c security features
9. Unsolved architectural flaws
10. New security issues
11. Advanced Defences and Forensic techniques
PART IV. SECURITY IN CONSOLIDATION
12. Privileged Access Control Foundations
13. Privileged Access Control Methods
14. Securing Privileged Access Control Systems
15. Database Rootkit checker
PART V. ARCHITECTURAL RISK MANAGEMENT
16. Oracle Security Architecture Foundations
17. Enterprise manager 12c as a security tool
18. Defending Enterprise Manager 12c
19. Privileged access control in “the cloud”
20. Management and Conclusions
21. Appendix A. Example Security Policy
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published