- Full Description
- Written for the budding web developer searching for a powerful, low-cost solution for building flexible, dynamic web sites.
- Essentially three books in one: provides thorough introductions to the PHP language and the MySQL database, and shows you how these two technologies can be effectively integrated to build powerful websites.
- Provides over 500 code examples, including real-world tasks such as creating an auto-login feature, sending HTML-formatted e-mail, testing password guessability, and uploading files via a web interface.
- Updated for MySQL 5, includes new chapters introducing triggers, stored procedures, and views.
What youll learn
- Install and configure Apache, PHP, and MySQL on both Windows and Linux.
- Accept and process information submitted via HTML forms.
- Authenticate users and track user preferences and data using PHP's session-handling capabilities.
- Process web-based file uploads using the HTTP_Upload PEAR package.
- Create your own RSS aggregator using Magpie, and process XML files in amazingly efficient fashion using SimpleXML.
- Use both command-line and graphical MySQL clients to effectively manage your data.
- Secure the MySQL server, creating roles and restricting access even at very granular levels.
- Effectively integrate PHP and MySQL to create dynamic, data-driven web applications.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page Chapter 13:<?php
function create_dropdown($identifier, $pairs, $firstentry,$multiple="", $key="")
$dropdown = "<select name=\"$identifier\" multiple=\"$multiple\">";
$dropdown .= "<option name=\"\">$firstentry</option>";
foreach($pairs AS $value => $name)
$dropdown .= ($value == $key) ?
"<option name=\"$value\" selected=\"selected\">$name</option>" :
The create_dropdown and create_dropdown-2 function:
The code in the closing tag "</select>" should be:
and not: echo "</select>"; because this causes an unwanted result in the page.
Many thanks and More power!
On page 85:
In "The break and goto statements", I believe the code does not match the last output "Prime number found:".
There is no printf for "Prime number found" in the code.