- Full Description
Enterprise Manager 12c (EM12c), Oracles newest and fully-integrated enterprise management product, now provides a complete cloud lifecycle management solution and enterprise environment management interface. Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c opens up the secrets of this incredible management tool, saving you time while enhancing your visibility as someone management can rely upon to deliver reliable database service in todays increasingly chaotic and change-driven IT environment.
Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c covers all the topics you demand and need to function effectively, from basic monitoring and configuration to advanced metric extensions and plugins. Real-life scenarios and demonstrations place you in the comfort zone of using the EM12c console, and the experienced author team provides deep understanding of the inner workings of this new Enterprise Manager.
Database administrators and system administrators are expected to offer increasing levels of service for 24X7 systems and newer cloud environments. Em12c offers robust, end-to-end intelligent management of the complete environment. It includes direct, real-time integration with Oracles online knowledgebase. Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c helps you master this important tool and manage any challenge that comes your way.
- Provides example solutions to everyday problems through EM12c features.
- Explains the changes in EM12c, included trusted extensions.
- Focuses on advanced aspects of the EM12c interface.
What youll learn
- Installation and agent employment
- Patching and provisioning
- Advanced techniques for managing and monitoring
- Use of EM12c in cloud environments, with RAC, and for Exadata
- Creation of EM12c plugins and metric extensions
- High-availability and disaster-recovery options with EM12c
- Incident Manager and EM12c job management
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c is for database administrators who are ready to upgrade, or who have already upgraded to Enterprise Manager 12c. The book also appeals to system administrators who may have responsibility for helping support Oracle Database environments including RAC and Exadata at the enterprise level.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Architecture
- Installation and Agent Deployment
- Management of the OMS and Repository
- Interacting with the EM12c Console
- Cloud Lifecycle Management
- Patching, Provisioning and the Software Library
- Managing and Monitoring Best Practices
- Managing Engineered Systems
- Performance Pages and ASH Analytics
- Metric Extensions and EM12c Plugins
- Enterprise Manager Jobs
- Incident Manager
- High Availability, Backup, and Recovery
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published