- Full Description
Expert Oracle RAC Performance Diagnostics and Tuning provides comprehensive coverage of the features, technology and principles for testing and tuning RAC databases. The book takes a deep look at optimizing RAC databases by following a methodical approach based on scientific analysis rather than using a speculative approach, twisting and turning knobs and gambling on the system.
The book starts with the basic concepts of tuning methodology, capacity planning, and architecture. Author Murali Vallath then dissects the various tiers of the testing implementation, including the operating system, the network, the application, the storage, the instance, the database, and the grid infrastructure. He also introduces tools for performance optimization and thoroughly covers each aspect of the tuning process, using many real-world examples, analyses, and solutions from the field that provide you with a solid, practical, and replicable approach to tuning a RAC environment. The book concludes with troubleshooting guidance and quick reference of all the scripts used in the book.
Expert Oracle RAC Performance Diagnostics and Tuning covers scenarios and details never discussed before in any other performance tuning books. If you have a RAC database, this book is a requirement. Get your copy today.
- Takes you through optimizing the various tiers of the RAC environment.
- Provides real life case studies, analysis and solutions from the field.
- Maps a methodical approach to testing, tuning and diagnosing the cluster
What youll learn
- Dissect the eight stage pre-implementation testing process across all tiers of the RAC cluster
- Optimize your RAC cluster for availability and scalability
- Diagnose your cluster to get the root of any performance problem
- Establish a replicable methodology for testing, tuning, and diagnostics
- Walk through real-world examples and solutions.
- Learn how to be proactive to prevent common performance issues
- Discover an exhaustive list of tools to help optimize your RAC environment
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle RAC Performance Diagnostics and Tuning is for all those customers implementing RAC systems into a production environment without undergoing a systematic methodology for testing, tuning and problem solving.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Methodology
2. Capacity Planning and Architecture
3. Testing for Availability
4. Testing for Scalability
5. Real Application Testing
6. Tools and Utilities
7. SQL Tuning
8. Parallel Query Tuning
9. Tuning the Database
10. Tuning Recovery
11. Tuning Oracle Net
12. Tuning Storage Subsystem
13. Tuning Global Cache
14. Tuning the Cluster Interconnect
15. Optimization of Distributed Workload
16. Tuning the Oracle Clusterware
17. Enqueues, Waits and Latches
18. Problem Diagnostics
A. The SQL Scripts Used in This Book
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published