- Full Description
Pro SQL Server 2008 Analytics provides everything you need to know to develop sophisticated and visually appealing sales and marketing dashboards using SQL Server 2008 and to integrate those dashboards with SharePoint, PerformancePoint, and other key Microsoft technologies.
The book begins by addressing the many misconceptions that surround the use of key performance indicators (KPIs) and giving a brief overview of the business intelligence (BI) and reporting tools that can be combined on the Microsoft platform to help you generate the results that you need.
The focus of the book is to help you implement a successful business intelligence project of your own. The text discusses many of the required project planning components, provides overviews and examples associated with Microsofts BI tools, and gives detailed examples of successful dashboard implementations.
What youll learn
- The key functional and technical components of a successful report/dashboard implementation
- What Microsoft tools are provided both within and without SQL Server 2008 to help you achieve an integrated solution
- How to determine whether your performance indicators are correct for your business and how to roll them out to your organization in an effective way
Who this book is for
This book is for entrepreneurs, technologists, and developers who want to bring clearcut, reliable reporting into their organization. No prior experience of building analytics and reporting dashboards is required, but basic familiarity with SQL Server 2008 is assumed.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- An Overview of Analytics
- Seven Keys to Successful Reporting Projects
- Key Performance Indicators
- Microsoft Platform Components for Dashboards
- Core Components of SQL Server 2008
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- Performance Management
- Implementation and Maintenance of the Integrated System
- Case Studies
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page 67:
the SQL code has an error in it.
The substring code to get the Currency Symbol has a syntax error.
(same error in the Group By clause as well)
On page 69:SQL Error
DATEPART is missing for line 10 of the SQL code