- Full Description
SQL Server 2008 TransactSQL Recipes: A ProblemSolution Approach is an examplebased guide to the TransactSQL language that is at the core of SQL Server 2008. Learn to create databases, insert and update data, generate reports, secure your data, and more. Author Joseph Sack takes common TransactSQL tasks and breaks them down into a problem/solution format that is quick and easy to read so that you can get the job done fast when the pressure is on.
- Focused on solutions: Look up what you need to do. Learn how to do it. Do it.
- Current: Newly updated for SQL Server 2008
- Comprehensive: Covers 30 different TransactSQL problem domains
What youll learn
- Create databases, tables, and indexes
- Query and manipulate data
- Store and manage XML inside the database
- Move business logic into the database
- Encrypt data and capture changes for compliance purposes
- Implement fulltext search
- Interface with Service Broker
Who this book is for
Developers who use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as their backend database. Database administrators who create, manage, and secure those databases.
- Source Code/Downloads
On page 12:
In the section 'How it works', you say backslash when meaning a forward slash. Backslach is '\'
On page 81:
CREATE DATABASE PhotoRepository ON PRIMARY
( NAME = N'PhotoRepository',
SIZE = 3048KB ,
FILEGROWTH = 1024KB ),
FS_PhotoRepository CONTAINS FILESTREAM
(NAME = 'FG_PhotoRepository',
FILENAME = N'C:\Apress
( NAME = N'PhotoRepository_log',
FILENAME = N'C:\Apress\LDF
SIZE = 1024KB ,
FILEGROWTH = 10%)
I can't get the above SQL code to work, and like dominoes, the rest of code will not work either, until page 84. Since this is a new attribute in SQL, and the only example on FILESTREAM in the book, I am at a loss of what to do? All of the other code so far, until this point, has worked for me.