- Full Description
Many of today's sophisticated game and graphics-intense apps, rely mostly on a third party language and rendering engine called OpenGL ES 3.0. Whether you're an Android or iOS app developer, this book is for you.
Learn OpenGL ES 3 gets you started quickly with the primary skills of the new OpenGL ES 3.0. It gets you quickly into game app development, without having to go to class on intense Object Oriented Programming techniques.
This book also demonstrates the use of modeling software, Blender. It's unique to this book for Android developers, especially. Mac and iOS developers may already use Blender, of course.
What youll learn
- Why OpenGL ES 3.0
- How to keep it simple when it comes to UI for games
- What are the other first steps towards game development
- How will it all blend, using a modeling tool
- How to take the next, perhaps big step using custom and inbuilt functions, shading, light source, objects into parts and more
- How to carry your mobile game app development further via collision detection, player-room-obstacle classes, storage classes
- How to apply all this in the context of limited resources and processing on mobile device
Who this book is for
This book is for new game and new mobile developers wanting to know more about and use the OpenGL ES game engine for building more sophisticated, graphically-rich game apps.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Why OpenGL ES?
2. UI for games: Keep it simple
3. First Steps: Mobile Game App Development
4. 3D Modeling
5. Functions, Shading, Light Source and Objects
6. Carrying Further: Collision Detection
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published