- Full Description
Beginning Google Maps Mashups with Mapplets, KML, and GeoRSS is a beginners guide to creating web mashups using Google mapping technology.
- Serves as a singlesource primer to displaying data on Google Maps
- Covers both Mapplets and the Google Maps API
- Provides everything you need to start participating in the geographic Web
What youll learn
- Mash up GeoWeb services onto a Google map
- Package your mashup as a mapplet and publish it to maps.google.com
- Enhance your map with driving directions, local search, map advertising, and more
- Discover common Googlemapping mistakes to avoid
- Find out how and when to geocode existing data into mappable coordinates
- Deliver your own data as GeoXML
Who this book is for
This book is for web designers and developers who have not worked with Google Maps or geographic data before. A working knowledge of HTML is required, and some programming experience is beneficial.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published