- Full Description
Apress, the leading Android books publisher, continues to provide you with very hands-on, practical books for teaching and showing app developers how to build and design apps, including game apps, that can be built and deployed in the various Android app stores out there.
Android Arcade Game App: A Real World Project - Case Study Approach is no different in that it walks you through creating an arcade style Prison Break game apptop to bottomfor an Android smartphone or tablet. This book teaches you the unique characteristics and challenges of creating an Arcade style game And it provides you with the full source code for this sample game app.
After working through this book, you can re-use its Prison Break app as your very own personal template, then customize for your specific variables, design and build your own Android game app - top to bottom. Then, deploy in one or more of the available Android app stores. Have fun and get coding.
What youll learn
- How to use Android and OpenGL ES to create a fully functional Arcade game called Prison Break.
- How to render graphics to the screen on all Android Ice Cream Sandwich devices including tablets
- How to incorporate music into your game using OpenGL
- How to upload and distribute your game using the Android Marketplace
Who this book is for
This book is for Android app developers with at least some experience, preferably with Android game apps.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Android Gaming
- What Is an Arcade Game ?
- Creating a Menu
- Drawing the Background
- Creating the Player Character and Obstacles
- Collision Detection
- Keeping Score
- Adding More Levels
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published