- Full Description
Pro Spring updates the perennial bestseller with the latest that the Spring Framework 4 has to offer. Now in its fourth edition, this popular book is by far the most comprehensive and definitive treatment of Spring available.
With Pro Spring, you’ll learn Spring basics and core topics, and share the authors’ insights and real–world experiences with remoting, Hibernate, and EJB. Beyond the basics, you'll learn how to leverage the Spring Framework to build the various tiers or parts of an enterprise Java application: transactions, web and presentation tiers, deployment, and much more. A full sample application allows you to apply many of the technologies and techniques covered in this book and see how they work together.
The agile, lightweight, open-source Spring Framework continues to be the de facto leading enterprise Java application development framework for today's Java programmers and developers. It works with other leading open-source, agile, and lightweight Java technologies such as Hibernate, Groovy, MyBatis, and more. Spring now works with Java EE and JPA 2 as well.
After reading this definitive book, you'll be armed with the power of Spring to build complex Spring applications, top to bottom.
What youll learn
- Get started with the Spring Framework and its latest features
- Use inversion of control (IoC) and dependency injection (DI)
- Apply aspect-oriented programming (AOP) techniques with Spring, and why they're important
- Access and persist data using Spring and Hibernate, MyBatis, JPA 2 and more
- Build transaction engines for your enterprise application and take advantage of other middle-tier features in Spring
- Create Spring-based web applications using Spring MVC and more
- Design and build Spring-based front ends
- Work with scripting languages such as Groovy to provide enhanced functionality for your applications
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Java developers who may be learning Spring for the first time or have minimal exposure to the Spring Framework. It's aimed at those who are active in or plan on getting into enterprise Java application development.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Spring
2. Getting Started
3. Introducing IoC and DI in Spring
4. Spring Configuration in Detail
5. Introducing Spring AOP
6. Spring JDBC Support
7. Using Hibernate in Spring
8. Data Access in Spring with JPA 2
9. Transaction Management
10. Validation with Type Conversion and Formatting
11. Task Scheduling in Spring
12. Using Spring Remoting
13. Spring Testing
14. Dynamic Language Support in Spring
15. Spring Application Monitoring
16. Web Applications with Spring
18. Spring Projects: Batch, Integration, XD and Boot
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published