- Full Description
Pro Spring MVC provides in-depth coverage of Spring MVC and Spring Web Flow, two highly customizable and powerful web frameworks brought to you by the developers and community of the Spring Framework.
Spring MVC is a modern web application framework built upon the Spring Framework, and Spring Web Flow is a project that complements Spring MVC for building reusable web controller modules that encapsulate rich page navigation rules. Along with detailed analysis of the code and functionality, plus the first published coverage of Spring Web Flow 2.x, this book includes numerous tips and tricks to help you get the most out of Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, and web development in general.
Spring MVC and Spring Web Flow have been upgraded in the new Spring Framework 3.1 and are engineered with important considerations for design patterns and expert object-oriented programming techniques. This book explains not only the design decisions of the frameworks, but also how you can apply similar designs and techniques to your own code.
This book takes great care in covering every inch of Spring MVC and Spring Web Flow to give you the complete picture. Along with all the best known features of these frameworks, youll discover some new hidden treasures. Youll also learn how to correctly and safely extend the frameworks to create customized solutions. This book is for anyone who wishes to write robust, modern, and useful web applications with the Spring Framework.
What youll learn
- Key Spring Framework fundamentals
- How to use the Spring MVC architecture
- How to develop with the DispatcherServlet
- How to write Controllers
- How to work with Resolving and Implementing Views
- What are the supported View Types
- How to customize your website
- What is and how to use the Spring Web Flow framework
- How to test your Spring MVC applications
- How to implement Spring Security
Who this book is for
This book is for Spring or Java EE application developers who want to learn and fully leverage Spring's Web-tier creator and framework, Spring MVC. This book is also for experienced enterprise and Java programmers who are new to the Spring Framework.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Configuring a Spring Development Environment
- Spring Framework Fundamentals
- Web Application Architecture
- Spring MVC Architecture
- Implementing Controllers
- Implementing Controllers Advanced
- REST and AJAX
- Resolving and Implementing Views
- Testing Spring MVC Applications
- Spring Web Flow
- Building Applications with Spring Web Flow
- Advanced Spring Web Flow
- Spring Security
- Cloud Foundry - Deploying to the Cloud
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published