- Full Description
Have you thought about building games for your cell phone or other wireless devices? Whether you are a firsttime wireless Java developer or an experienced professional, Beginning Java ME Platform brings exciting wireless and mobile Java application development right to your door and device!
Beginning Java ME Platform empowers you with the flexibility and power to start building Java applications for your Javaenabled mobile device or cell phone. The book covers sound HTTPS support, user interface API enhancements, the Mobile Media API, the Game API, 3D graphics, Bluetooth, and more.
Furthermore, this book is easy to read and includes many practical, handson, and readytouse code examples.
What youll learn
- Discover the various aspects of Java ME, including J2ME and CDC, with special attention paid to MJSP (JSR248 and JSR249).
- Solidify your understanding of the Java platform and which parts of the platform are in various JSRs to help you select the appropriate marketsupported platforms on which to deploy and port your applications
- Explore the full life cycle of Java ME application development, from design to application obfuscation to signing for carrier validation and release.
- Create multimedia and game applications from scratch using the Mobile Media API, Game API, and other APIs most suited for mobile Javaenabled devices and cell phones.
- Work with tools including NetBeans 5.5 and the NetBeans Mobility Pack.
Who this book is for
This book is written for developers with a minimum of J2SE experience interested in making the transition to Java ME. It assumes some previous programming experience, but no experience with mobile application development or carriers.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page (pg91-95):The alarmTimer application is not running due to errors in the code i.e startApp,pauseApp & destroyApp methods.I'm using netbeans 7.1 intergrated with nokia sdk simulator