- Full Description
Introducing Java EE 7: A Look at What’s New guides you through the new features and enhancements in each of the technologies comprising the Java EE platform. Readers of this book will not have to wade through introductory material or information covering features that have been part of the EE platform for years. Instead, developers can pick this book up and read it to brush up on those features that have changed or have been added for the EE 7 release. This handy reference helps you move forward from Java EE 6 to the new EE 7 platform quickly and easily.
Java is a mature programming language that has been refined over the years into a productive language widely used in enterprise application development. Although the language contains frameworks and methodologies that have been used for years, it is important to make use of the most current features available in the language in order to achieve the best results. Introducing Java EE 7: A Look at What’s New covers the solutions using the most current Java Enterprise technologies, including EJB 3.2, JSF 2.2, and JAX-RS 2.0. Build a streamlined and reliable application that uses the latest in Java technologies, and develop it much faster than you did with the older technologies. Rejuvenate your Java expertise to use the freshest capabilities, or perhaps learn Java Enterprise development for the first time and discover one of the most widely used and most powerful technologies available for application development today. Get up and running quickly with the new features of EE 7!
- Designed to get you up and running quickly with the newly released Java EE 7
- Includes real world examples of how to use new and updated features.
- Demonstrates the latest productivity enhancements in the platform
What youll learn
- Develop using the latest in Java EE 7 technologies
- Deploy the most current features in Java Servlets
- Make use of HTML5 in your Java Enterprise applications
- Create enterprise database applications using the latest features in EJB
- Improve application code through Context Dependency Injection (CDI)
- Exploit the power of RESTful web services
Who this book is for
Introducing Java EE 7: A Look at Whats New is intended for developers already familiar with the basic concepts of Java Enterprise Edition development. The book jumps right into covering new features in Java EE 7, and gets down into code from the very beginning. The book is organized to be a handy reference for those who need information quickly on a particular topic while transitioning from Java EE 6 to Java EE 7, but it can also be read front to back.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- New Servlet Features
- JavaServer Faces and Facelets
- Expression Language
- Object-Relational Mapping using JPA
- Business Logic using EJB
- Validating Data
- Contexts and Dependency Injection
- Building RESTful Web Services
- WebSockets and JSON
- New Java Message Service Features
- Batch Applications, Caching, and Concurrency
- Developing Java EE 7 Applications Using Netbeans
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published