- Full Description
ASP.NET 3.5 is Microsofts principal standard for creating dynamic web pages on the Windows platform. Pro ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008 raises the bar for highquality, practical advice on learning and deploying Microsofts dynamic web solution.
This edition is updated with everything you need to integrate Silverlight 2.0 and SQL Server 2008 into your ASP.NET applications. You will learn about Silverlights exciting features so that your ASP projects can be rich in visual flair and compelling to the user.
Seasoned .NET professionals Matthew MacDonald and Mario Szpuszta explain how you can get the most from this groundbreaking technology. They cover ASP.NET 3.5 as a whole, illustrating both the brandnew features and the functionality carried over from previous versions of ASP. This book will give you the knowledge you need to code real ASP.NET 3.5 applications in the best possible style.
What youll learn
This book will teach you ASP.NET 3.5 starting with core concepts before moving on to more advanced topics. You will learn
- Core concepts of ASP.NET 3.5. Why its special. What its fundamental principals are. The basics of Visual Studio. How ASP.NET 3.5 controls are created, and how they fit into ASP.NET 3.5 pages, ultimately creating full applications.
- Security. Once considered the Achilles heel of all Windows web applications, security has vastly improved and is a cornerstone of ASP.NET 3.5. This book explains the various forms of available security and how to best apply them.
- Web services. In an increasingly connected world, working with web services grows in importance. This book will show you how to work with them.
- ASP.NET AJAX, with an emphasis on contemporary web development techniques.
- Development using Internet Information Services 7, Microsofts premier web hosting platform.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published