- Full Description
The most up-to-date and comprehensive introductory ASP.NET book youll find on any shelf, Beginning ASP.NET 4 in C# 2010 guides you through Microsofts latest technology for building dynamic web sites. Learn how to build sophisticated web pages quickly and easily using the most powerful tools available.
Starting with the basics, this book provides exhaustive coverage of ASP.NET, guiding you from your first steps right through to advanced techniques - such as making database queries from within a web page, tuning your website for optimal performance and deploying your website to production servers.
Within these pages, youll find tips for best practices and comprehensive discussions of key database and XML principles you need to know in order to be effective with ASP.NET. The book also fully explains the crucial coding techniques of object-orientation and code-behind on which your future as a successful ASP.NET developer relies.
What youll learn
- How to build well-structured ASP.NET 4 applications including how to incorporate data from databases, XML files, web services, and other services.
- A solid understanding of key ASP.NET concepts such as master pages, themes, state management, session state, and error handling, and of which techniques work best in which situations.
- How to improve the user experience of your pages through the use of ASP.NET AJAX.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for anyone new to .NET development who wants to learn how ASP.NET works. No prior programming knowledge is assumed and all concepts are explained from first principals.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The .NET Framework
- The C# Language
- Types, Objects, and Namespaces
- Visual Studio
- Web Form Fundamentals
- Web Controls
- Error Handling, Logging, and Tracing
- State Management
- Rich Controls
- User Controls and Graphics
- Styles, Themes, and Master Pages
- Website Navigation
- ADO.NET Fundamentals
- Data Binding
- The Data Controls
- Files and Streams
- Security Fundamentals
- Advanced ASP.NET Components
- LINQ and the Entity Framework
- ASP.NET AJAX
- Deploying ASP.NET Applications
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 25:
int element = stringArray; // element is now set to 3.
has to be changed to
int element = intArray; // element is now set to 3.
On page 50:
DateTime. Now should be changed to DateTime.Now
(no space before Now)
On page 147:Please take note of this error:
In the book its written:
but it should be:
2 damn days before I got that right...ahhhh