- Full Description
Pro SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive Web Development is the definitive reference on the technologies, tools, and techniques needed for building responsive websites and applications with SharePoint 2013. The book focuses on solutions that provide the best browser experience for the myriad of devices, browsers, and screen orientations and resolutions.
Pro SharePoint 2013 Branding and Responsive Web Development covers the following technologies:
- SharePoint 2013 Server Edition
- Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Expression Blend 2013
- Napa Tools for Office and SharePoint Development
- Visual Studio 2012
- HTML5 and CSS3
- SharePoint 2013 Client Object Model
What youll learnThrough the context of building a complete website on SharePoint 2013 from start to finish, readers will learn how to combine SharePoint 2013 web content management features and capabilities with modern web design and development skills. The key topics to be covered include:
- Design Manager – this new feature allows web designers and developers to build SharePoint branding templates using standard HTML and CSS and convert the templates to SharePoint master pages. This opens up branding to a wider audience of designers who struggled with having to understand the complexity of SharePoint and ASP.NET master pages.
- Client Object Model – this feature is based on web service technologies for interacting with server-side data from client-side. This feature has been extended significantly to support the new SharePoint application model, which heavily emphasizes client-side development. This book will provide full coverage of utilizing these updated web service technologies and how they can be used to build interactive websites.
- Device Channels – similar to the capabilities provided by HTML5 media queries, the new channels capability allows SharePoint to detect client devices and browsers to load the appropriate master page to provide a unique browser experience.
- Variations and Translation Services – SharePoint 2013 continues to improve features and capabilities for building multi-lingual sites including new support for integration with professional translation service providers, or automated translation web services.
- Term Set Navigation and SEO Improvements – SharePoint 2013 now provides native support for Search Engine Optimization requirements such as page meta fields, as well as a completely new approach to site navigation and human friendly URLs through the use of Managed Metadata navigation.
Who this book is for
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Whats New in SharePoint 2013 Web Content Management
- Responsive Web Design and Development with HTML5
- Gather Requirements and Wire frame for the Site
- Building a SharePoint HTML Master Page
- Using Device Channels to customize ClientUX
- Design Site Structure and Navigation with Managed Metadata
- Publish Cross-Site Content with Catalogs
- Design and Develop Page Layouts and Content Types
- Integrate Search-Driven Content
- Build Rich Interactive Forms
- Upload Documents and Files
- Integrate Location-Based Features
- Integrating Feeds and Social Media
- Supporting Multilingual Sites
- Appendix A: Setting up your Design and Development Environment
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 82:This is not an error but I was unable to map the connection by using native Mac system. So I fixed it by using Transmit. Once the connection is made in Transmit you can put this connection as an external drive on your desktop and then create a new site in Dreamweaver pointing to this drive.
On page 112:
There is a small error in Listing 4-18; please see the Author's correction below:Author Comment:
On page 128:
Please see the author's correction to Listing 5-4 below:Author Comment:
On page 150:
Please see the author's note below re: Listing 5-22.Author Comment: