- Full Description
Real World Windows 8 Development is a developers handbook - an essential guide to building complete, end-user ready Windows 8 applications on the XAML and C# programming stack from start to finish. Starting with Windows 8 basics and walking through practical aspects of building your Windows 8 application, you'll find step-by-step instructions and practical advice that will leave you with a modern, elegant app written to the highest of standards.
Author Samidip Basu, an early adopter of Windows 8 app development techniques, breaks down the design, development, and polish of a real-world business application, adding handy tips and tricks around controls, user interface design, storage, navigation, contracts, and more.
Give your Windows 8 application development efforts a kick-start with Real World Windows 8 Development.
What youll learn
- Discover the pertinent points of the technology stack in Windows 8 from a developers perspective.
- Familiarize yourself with best practices around usage of controls, user experience paradigms, navigation, storage, service integration, contracts, and more.
- Incrementally make your Windows 8 application feature-rich and an integrated well-behaved citizen in the operating system.
- Learn from crisp, standalone discussion of topics in each chapter
Who this book is for
Real World Windows 8 Development is by a developer, for developers. The book is for .NET developers wanting to utilize their existing skills in XAML and C# towards building a Windows 8 application. On the fence about how your C# and .NET skills apply in the new WinRT world? Have a dream application idea that you slowly want to build up? This book is for you.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I - Knowing the Ecosystem: Introduction to Windows 8
- Part I - Knowing the Ecosystem: Modern UI Design
- Part II - Getting Started: The Platform & Developer Tools
- Part II - Getting Started: The Right Controls
- Part II - Getting Started: The Look & Feel
- Part II - Getting Started: Content Structuring & Navigation
- Part III - Into the Groove: Orientation & Visual States
- Part III - Into the Groove: Handling Data
- Part III - Into the Groove: Application Lifecycle Management
- Part III - Into the Groove: Contracts
- Part IV - The Bling: Media & Sensors
- Part IV - The Bling: Tiles, Badges, and Toasts
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Cloud Augmentation
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Live Service Integration
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Real-World Techniques
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Deployment
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published