- Full Description
Real World Windows 8 Development is a developers handbook - an essential guide to building complete, end-user ready Windows 8 applications on the XAML and C# programming stack from start to finish. Starting with Windows 8 basics and walking through practical aspects of building your Windows 8 application, you'll find step-by-step instructions and practical advice that will leave you with a modern, elegant app written to the highest of standards.
Author Samidip Basu, an early adopter of Windows 8 app development techniques, breaks down the design, development, and polish of a real-world business application, adding handy tips and tricks around controls, user interface design, storage, navigation, contracts, and more.
Give your Windows 8 application development efforts a kick-start with Real World Windows 8 Development.
What youll learn
- Discover the pertinent points of the technology stack in Windows 8 from a developers perspective.
- Familiarize yourself with best practices around usage of controls, user experience paradigms, navigation, storage, service integration, contracts, and more.
- Incrementally make your Windows 8 application feature-rich and an integrated well-behaved citizen in the operating system.
- Learn from crisp, standalone discussion of topics in each chapter
Who this book is for
Real World Windows 8 Development is by a developer, for developers. The book is for .NET developers wanting to utilize their existing skills in XAML and C# towards building a Windows 8 application. On the fence about how your C# and .NET skills apply in the new WinRT world? Have a dream application idea that you slowly want to build up? This book is for you.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Part I - Knowing the Ecosystem: Introduction to Windows 8
- Part I - Knowing the Ecosystem: Modern UI Design
- Part II - Getting Started: The Platform & Developer Tools
- Part II - Getting Started: The Right Controls
- Part II - Getting Started: The Look & Feel
- Part II - Getting Started: Content Structuring & Navigation
- Part III - Into the Groove: Orientation & Visual States
- Part III - Into the Groove: Handling Data
- Part III - Into the Groove: Application Lifecycle Management
- Part III - Into the Groove: Contracts
- Part IV - The Bling: Media & Sensors
- Part IV - The Bling: Tiles, Badges, and Toasts
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Cloud Augmentation
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Live Service Integration
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Real-World Techniques
- Part V - Above & Beyond: Deployment
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published