- Full Description
WebMatrix is the latest addition to the hugely popular Microsoft ASP.NET web platform. This exciting new technology aims to simplify the process of developing websites by combining the new and powerful Razor syntax with a fully extensible set of data and HTML helpers for performing common web tasks.
The WebMatrix installation includes all the tools the developer requires to quickly create fully-functional, data-driven, dynamic sites using ASP.NET web pages. The lightweight custom development tool works alongside SQL Server Compact Edition and Internet Information Services (IIS) Express to provide a seamless and easy-to-use environment which enables the web developer to concentrate on the rapid development of feature-rich websites, without the need to learn the complex concepts and highly structured programming models which many other frameworks require.
What youll learn
- How to combine HTML and server-side C# Razor code with the powerful .NET framework to easily develop websites using Microsoft WebMatrix
- How to create layouts which can be applied across multiple pages
- How to interact with SQL Server and other databases, using proven techniques and best practices
- How to add social networking features to your web site using WebMatrix Helpers
- How to create your own custom functions and helpers to provide reusable code and content
- How to secure your website using a role-based membership model
- How to deploy your website to a hosting provider
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at anyone with a basic knowledge of web technologies who wants to use this latest addition to the Microsoft ASP.NET web platform to easily and quickly build feature-rich, dynamic, data-driven websites.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- C# Primer
- Working with Razor and ASP.NET Web Pages
- Forms and Validation
- Working with Data
- Security & Membership
- Full Application Tutorial: Getting Started
- Adding E-Commerce Features
- Site Administration
- Adding Social Networking with the Package Manager and WebMatrix Helpers
- Advanced WebMatrix
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 407:
db.Execute(sql, title, price, description,
keywords, category, productId);
productId = db.GetLastInsertId().ToString();
// these two lines of code are giving me errors when I add them into the new product record as part of the adding in code for product image uploading.