- Full Description
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is a practical guide to SharePoint 2010 for intermediate to advanced SharePoint administrators and power users, covering the out-of-the-box feature set and capabilities of Microsoft's collaboration and business productivity platform.
SharePoint 2010 is an incredibly complex product, with many moving parts, new features, best practices, and "gotchas." Author Rob Garrett distills SharePoint's portfolio of features, capabilities, and utilities into an in-depth professional guidewith no fluff and copious advicethat is designed from scratch to be the manual Microsoft never wrote.
Starting with a detailed deployment and initial configuration walkthrough, the book covers all major feature areas, including document management, social computing, metadata management, and administration. You'll also learn about planning for capacity, backup administration and disaster recovery, business intelligence, monitoring, and more. Unlike other books, Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration covers all elements of the product, but has a specific emphasis on features new and enhanced in the 2010 release.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is the only book you'll need as you set out to deploy and administer SharePoint 2010.
What youll learn
- Install SharePoint 2010 quickly and easily
- Manage and configure SharePoint using the central administration console
- Setup a suitable site structure, navigation model, and metadata
- Configure search
- Harness the power of social computing, document management, and business intelligence using out of the box features
- Use SharePoint to implement online processes, and integrate line of business systems
Who this book is for
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is for IT professionals who set up or build SharePoint implementations. It is aimed at administrators and advanced power users who are responsible for SharePoint in a professional capacity. It is written for the type of person who will install and configure SharePoint, and then build a SharePoint implementation using the out-of-the-box features. Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is the perfect book for advanced users who wish to build intranets, extranets, or Web sites using SharePoint 2010 functionality.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- SharePoint 2010 Overview
- Installing and Configuring SharePoint 2010
- Security and Policy
- People and Profiles
- Social Networking
- Site Content and Metadata
- Document and Records Management
- Business Intelligence
- Microsoft Office Integration
- Health, Monitoring, and Disaster Recovery
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published