- Full Description
SharePoint 2007 Development Recipes offers a range of ready–to–use code recipes that provide the building blocks for solving many common SharePoint 2007 programming dilemmas. This practical, hands–on guide categorizes recipes by problem area, for example site management, event handlers, users, lists, and web parts, and source code is provided in both VB and C#. As well as providing an invaluable reference, Mark Gerow also includes clear, supporting guidelines to help you modify the code samples for the broadest range of applications.
For each recipe you will find
- Background and design considerations
- Source code in both VB and C#
- Discussion of variations on the provided examples
- Cross–reference to core SharePoint classes
If you find yourself asking, "How do I solve this SharePoint development problem?" you will find all the answers in Mark Gerow’s supremely useful book.
What youll learn
SharePoint Recipes will provide ready–to–use examples of how to programmatically
- Add web parts to pages.
- Calculate exact storage used for a list, site, or group of sites.
- Track and record site, page, and link hits.
- Manage users, roles, and groups using both Windows and Forms–based authentication.
- Create sites and site collections.
- Create lists and a document library.
- Upload and edit documents and list items.
- Develop event handlers and workflows.
- Edit built–in web site properties.
- Work with features and solutions.
- And much more
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate–to–advanced .NET programmers who want to get the most out of SharePoint 2007 by using the classes and web services provided in the SDK. It can be used both as a tutorial for those new to SharePoint programming and as a reference by those more experience developers who just need working examples that can be modified to suit a job at hand.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published