- Full Description
This book takes a practical problem-solution approach to common business challenges. Youll not only encounter interesting code samples, but also see how to combine these examples with the Microsoft collaboration platforms services. The books solutions focus on using Visual Studio 2008 and its built-in Office development tools to construct the user interface layer. And solutions can interact with SharePoint as a service provider, taking advantage of SharePoints many collaboration features like document repositories, collaboration sites, and search functions.
This book is unique because it starts with challenges that end users deal with every day when using the Microsoft collaboration platform to support business processes. The solutions are presented as hypothetical business challenges of a fictional company. By presenting the examples in this context, author Ed Hild makes it easier to relate to the challenges and solution value. The goal of these examples is to build applications that apply the benefits of the Office desktop interface to the richness of SharePoint collaboration features. This book will help you develop real-world solutions to complex business problems and challenges.
What youll learn
- Delve into an end-to-end walkthrough in each chapter of a practical business challenge.
- See code samples, user interface design, and platform integration all in the context of real-world problems.
- Discover custom code and implementation advice for popular Office and SharePoint features like custom web parts, Office add-ins, SharePoint features, workflow, the Business Data Catalog, Outlook form regions, the Office Open XML file format, and more.
Who this book is for
This book is of great value to intermediate and advanced developers working on enterprise applications based on the Microsoft Office or SharePoint systems, or working on integration projects with third-party vendors.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Office Business Applications
- SharePoint 2010: Overview and New Features
- SharePoint Development with Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Office Overview for Developers
- Beyond the Spreadsheet
- Merging SharePoint List Data into Word Documents
- Automating Document Assembly
- Extending PowerPoint to Build a Presentation 8: Based on Site Content
- Building a Presentation Server-Side within a Web Part
- Surfacing Line-of-Business Data in Outlook
- Site Provisioning Workflows
- Rapid SharePoint Application Development Using Access
- Using Visio Services to Visualize Data
- Building Mashups
- Realizing the Vision
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published