- Full Description
Once you've mastered the basics, you'll move on to gaining a more in-depth knowledge of some of the groundbreaking new features of the Silverlight technology.
The growing popularity of Web 2.0 applications is increasing user expectations for high-quality web site design, presentation, and functionality. It was into this climate that Microsoft released Silverlight 3, the third iteration of its cross-browser web presentation technology and the second to ride on top of the .NET platform. Beginning Sliverlight 3 brings you to the cutting-edge of Web 2.0 application design and includes plenty of practical guidance to get you started straightaway.
What youll learn
- Discover the tools needed for Silverlight 3 development, the roles each plays, and how they interact to produce a seamless result
- Understand the fundamental concepts and techniques that lie at the heart of every successful Silverlight application and how to apply them to your own projects
- Explore the features and coding practices new to Silverlight 3 that set it apart from other web-development tools
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone with an interest in web development. A basic familiarity with web development and simple C# coding is useful, but by no means a requirement. This book will teach you everything that you need to know.
While this is not a design-oriented text, Beginning Silverlight 3 approaches the subject in an open manner, showing how applications are put together across the developer-designer divide so that you are well equipped to work seamlessly with your colleagues (or indeed perform both roles with the aid of a suitable design text).
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Welcome to Silverlight 3
- Introduction to Visual Studio 2008
- Layout Management in Silverlight 3
- Silverlight 3 Controls
- Data Binding and Silverlight List Controls
- Data Access and Networking
- Navigation Framework
- Local Storage in Silverlight
- Introduction to Expression Blend
- Styling in Silverlight
- Transformations and Animation
- Custom Controls
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published