- Full Description
Sometimes you just need to solve a problem and get on with your work. To that end, Visual Basic 2008 Recipes is a compendium of practical solutions for busy VB .NET programmers. Create time for the more interesting aspects of your VB .NET project by solving common problems with the practical solutions and dozens of code examples in this book. Important .NET 3.5 technologies, such as Windows Presentation Framework (WPF) and Language Integrated Query (LINQ), are covered, and each chapter addresses a specific problem domain, including database access, multimedia, XML manipulation, networking, and security. The code is free to download, so you can use the recipes immediately.
- Take advantage of quality, readymade solutions to common Visual Basic programming problems
- Avoid the tedium of having to reinvent the wheelfocus instead on the more interesting problems specific to your application
- Learn from and be inspired by what the authors have done. Use their work as stepping stones to solve even more complex problems
What youll learn
- Cleanly separate userinterface logic from business logic through the use of .NET 3.5s WPF
- Store data to and retrieve data from your relational database using LINQ
- Manipulate XML data using LINQ
- Make your programs dynamically configurable through the judicious application of reflection
- Take advantage of multiple CPU cores by writing multithreaded applications
- Integrate multimedia into your Visual Basic projects
Who this book is for
Visual Basic 2008 Recipes is written for Visual Basic developers who have at least some experience in developing Visual Basic solutions. The book contains recipes appealing to intermediate through advanced developers.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published