- Full Description
The Model-View-View-Model (MVVM) pattern is held in high regard by many developers as an excellent way of creating sophisticated modern applications. It's clear seperation of presentation and business logic produces a clean implementation that promotes speed, scalability and code reuse in applications with a complex UI. These strengths have found it favor with WPF and Silverlight developers. It is now increasingly being employed for Windows 8 apps, a purpose to which it is ideally suited as this book will show.
What youll learn
- How the MVVM pattern can bring elegance, power, speed and reusability to your Windows 8 apps.
- That MVVM implementations under Windows 8 differ from MVVM implementations under .NET.
- Produce fully working Metro-style applications using XAML and HTML5
- How you can use the popular KnockoutJS Framework to speed the development of your HTML5 Metro apps.
- Essential tips, tricks and cautions that will allow you to bring your existing .NET skills to bear quickly in the Windows 8 world.
Who this book is for
This is a fast-paced guide for developers comfortable with both .NET programming and the fundamentals of Windows 8 development.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Setting up Windows 8 Application Project
- Implementing the View
- Implementing the Model
- Implementing the ViewModel
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published