- Full Description
Windows Phone 7.5 (code-named Mango) marks a significant upgrade to Microsoft’s smartphone products. Packed with sophisticated new features and functionality, the device is a .NET developer’s dream, easily programmable using Silverlight, XNA and C#.
Windows Phone Recipes utilizes a proven problem-solution approach, providing a concise guide to all the phone’s features in recipe book format. First, the problem you're facing is identified. Then, a clear explanation of the solution is given, supported by a fully-worked code sample that demonstrates the feature in action.
All aspects of development, configuration, testing, and distribution are covered. You'll find recipes that unlock advanced user interface features, deal with data storage, integrate with cloud services, add media and location services, and much more. It's everything you'll need to put a professional polish on your Windows Phone 7.5 applications!
What youll learn
- Understand how to design, develop, test and distribute your Windows Phone 7.5 applications
- Create compelling user interfaces using all the phone's features, including the camera, GPS and accelerometer
- Learn how to debug your applications and package them for distribution and sale though the Windows Phone Marketplace and beyond
- Extend your application into the cloud using push notifications and web-based services to take advantage of off-device processing and storage
Who this book is for
This book is for existing .NET and Windows Mobile developers. Its concise recipe format will also appeal to new Windows Phone developers and those looking for an insightful reference to support their day-to-day coding efforts.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Developing Windows Phone Applications
- Windows Phone Must Knows
- Windows Phone Execution Model
- The User Interface
- The User Interface With Expression Blend
- Media Management
- Isolated Storage
- In the Cloud
- Testing Windows Phone Applications
- Deploying your Application
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published