- Full Description
Take a practical approach to becoming a leading-edge Android developer, learning by example while combining the many technologies needed to create a successful, up-to-date web app.
Practical Android Projects introduces the Android software development kit and development tools of the trade, and then dives into building cool-looking and fun apps that put Android's amazing capabilities to work. Android is the powerful, full-featured, open source mobile platform that powers phones like Google Nexus, Motorola Droid, Samsung Galaxy S, and a variety of HTC phones and tablet computers.
What youll learn
In Practical Android Projects, youll work on real-world projects such as:
- Hosting an Android BASIC interpreter
- Extending your Java-based Android applications with embedded Lua
- Scripting your Android device with SL4A
- Adding Twitter and Facebook to your applications
- Using 2D graphics and animations for casual games
Who this book is for
Practical Android Projects is for any developer new to the Android platform who wants to learn to build mobile applications. Knowledge of the fundamentals of Java programming is assumed.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Android Fundamentals
- Development Tools in Practice
- Roll Your Own Android Scripting Environment
- Embedding Lua in Android Applications
- Introducing SL4A: The Scripting Layer for Android
- Using REST with Facebook and Twitter
- Using the Google App Engine with Android
- Game Development: Graphics
- Game Development: Animation
- App Inventor
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 315:
I think incorrect class name is used in first paragraph below example code.
"Android class that extends GroupView" -> "Android class that extends ViewGroup"
"GroupView extends View" is maybe "ViewGroup"