- Full Description
Interested in iPhone development? Want to learn more? Whether youre a self-taught iPhone development genius or have just made your way through the pages of Beginning iPhone 3 Development, we have the perfect book for you.More iPhone 3 Development: Tackling iPhone SDK 3 digs deeper into Apples latest SDK. Best-selling authors Dave Mark and Jeff LaMarche explain concepts as only they can, covering topics like Core Data, peer-to-peer networking using GameKit and network streams, working with data from the web, MapKit, in-application e-mail, and more. All the concepts and APIs are clearly presented with code snippets you can customize and use, as you like, in your own apps.
If you are going to write a professional iPhone app, youll want to get your arms around Core Data, and theres no better place to do so than in the pages of this book. The book continues right where Beginning iPhone 3 Development left off with a series of chapters devoted to Core Data, the standard for persistence that Apple introduced to iPhone with SDK 3. Jeff and Dave carefully step through each of the Core Data concepts and show you techniques and tips specifically for writing larger applicationsoffering a breadth of coverage you won't find anywhere else.
The Core Data coverage alone is worth the price of admission. But there's so much more. This book covers a variety of networking mechanisms, from GameKits relatively simple BlueTooth peer-to-peer model, to the addition of Bonjour discovery and network streams, through the complexity of accessing files via the web. Dave and Jeff will also take you through coverage of concurrent programming and some advanced techniques for debugging your applications.
Whether you are a relative newcomer to iPhone development or an old hand looking to expand your horizons, theres something for everyone in More iPhone 3 Development.
Note: A few of the apps in this book demonstrate technologies not yet supported by the simulator. To run them on your iPhone or iPod touch, you'll need to join one of Apple's paid iPhone developer programs.
What youll learn
- All about Core Data: key concepts and techniques for writing larger application
- How to utilize a variety of networking mechanisms, including peer-to-peer connections over Bluetooth using GameKit
- Details on the addition of Bonjour discovery and network streams
- How to embed maps with Map Kit and use in-application email
- How to access a user's iPod library and integrate music into applications
- Essentials of concurrent programming and advanced debugging techniques
- Tips on working with data from the web
Who this book is for
All iPhone and iPod touch developers, especially developers already familiar with early iPhone SDKs.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Here We Go Round Again
- The Anatomy of Core Data
- A Super Start: Adding, Displaying, and Deleting Data
- The Devil in the Detail View
- Preparing for Change: Migrations and Versioning
- Custom Managed Objects
- Relationships, Fetched Properties, and Expressions
- Peer-to-Peer Over Bluetooth Using GameKit
- Online Play: Bonjour and Network Streams
- Working with Data from the Web
- Sending Mail
- iPod Library Access
- Keeping Your Interface Responsive
- The Road Goes Ever On...
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 489:[change objectForKey:NSKeyValueChangeIndexesKey] does not pull up indices