- Full Description
If youre an iOS app developer, chances are youll be using table views in your development projects. Table views are the bread and butter of iOS apps. With them, you can create everything from the simplest of lists to fully tricked-out user interfaces.
Table views are one of the most complex components found in UIKit. While using them for boring standard user interfaces is quite simple, customizing them can become really challenging.
Pro iOS Table Views takes a task-oriented focus to assist you when implementing customized table views. Although it delves deeply into the Table View API, you can always decide in which level of detail you want to dive in. Its aimed to be a great reference and customization cookbook at the same time, useful for beginners as well as intermediate developers.
- Covers the entire Table View API in depth
- Covers customization and performance topics in depth
- Task-oriented reference with multiple levels of detail
Note: source code for this title is currently available for download at: https://github.com/timd/Pro-iOS-TableViews
What youll learn
- The anatomy of tables and cells
- The design patterns that power the table view
- How to create and configure table views
- How to customize every last little detail of the table view
- How to use table views on the iPad
- Advanced tips and tricks for performance and killer user interfaces
- The latest updates in iOS 5 and how to exploit them
Who this book is for
The book is targeted at iOS developers who need to customize Table Views. The information is divided into several layers of detail. While the book covers complex customization topics and user interaction techniques, it provides the fundamental basics needed for customization. Both beginners and intermediate developers will find great value in this book as a helpful reference, at hand to quickly refresh their knowledge at any given time.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Table views from the ground up
- How the table fits together
- Feeding the table with data
- How the cell fits together
- Using tables for navigation and static content
- Indexing table content, grouping & sorting table content
- Selecting & editing table content
- Customizing cells
- Improving the cells interaction
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published