- Full Description
Learn iOS App Development is both a rapid tutorial and a useful reference. You'll quickly get up to speed with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and the iOS 7 SDK. It's an all-in-one getting started guide to building your first iPhone or iPad app. You'll learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient and perform well, earning positive reviews on the iTunes App Store, and driving better search results and more revenue.
The iOS 7 SDK offers powerful new features, and this book is the fastest path to mastering themand the rest of the iOS SDK for programmers with some experience who are new to iPhone and iPad app development. Many books introduce the iOS SDK, but few explain how to develop apps optimally and soundly. This book teaches both core Objective-C language concepts and how to exploit design patterns and logic with the iOS SDK, based on Objective-C and the Cocoa Touch framework.
Why spend months or years discovering the best ways to design and code iPhone and iPad apps when this book will show you how to do things the right way from the start?
- Get an accelerated treatment of the core fundamentals of Objective-C.
- Develop your first app using Xcode's advanced interface design tools.
- Build your first iPhone app using the code that you're given as you walk through this book.
- Finally, debug and distribute your first app on Apple's iTunes App Store.
What youll learn
- Develop simple to moderately complex iOS apps.
- Add sound and iPod music playback, the camera, and photos to your app.
- Connect your app to the world through internet services, peer-to-peer networking, social networking, and cloud synchronization.
- Plug into the latest mobile technologies: maps, GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
- Polish your apps with elegant animation and effortless navigation.
- Improve your app's quality with core design patterns and best programming practices.
Who this book is for
This book requires no prior iPhone or iOS app coding experience, but some comfort with programming in general is assumed.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Getting Your Tools
- Boom, App!
- Spin a Web
- Coming Events
- Table Manners
- Object Lesson
- Model Citizen
- Sweet, Sweet, Music
- Got Tools?
- Draw Me a Picture
- There and Back Again
- Networking, the Nerdy Kind
- Networking, the Social Kind
- Build It and They Will Come
- Where Am I?
- Remember Me?
- Document This
- Being Objective
- The Elephant in the Room
- Êtes-vous polyglotte?
- Faster, Faster!
- Twice as Nice
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published