- Full Description
Interested in iPhone and iPad apps development? Want to learn more? Whether youre a self-taught iPhone and iPad apps development genius or have just made your way through the pages of Beginning iOS 6 Development, we have the perfect book for you.
More iOS 6 Development: Further Explorations of the iOS SDK digs deeper into Apples latest iOS 6 SDK. Bestselling authors Dave Mark, Alex Horovitz, Kevin Kim and Jeff LaMarche explain concepts as only they cancovering topics like Core Data, peer-to-peer networking using GameKit and network streams, working with data from the web, MapKit, in-application e-mail, and more. All the concepts and APIs are clearly presented with code snippets you can customize and use, as you like, in your own apps.
If you are going to write a professional iPhone or iPad app, youll want to get your arms around Core Data, and theres no better place to do so than in the pages of this book. The book continues right where Beginning iOS 6 Development leaves off, with a series of chapters devoted to Core Data, the standard for Apple persistence. Dave, Alex, Kevin and Jeff carefully step through each Core Data concept and show techniques and tips specifically for writing larger appsoffering a breadth of coverage you won't find anywhere else.
The Core Data coverage alone is worth the price of admission. But there's so much more! More iOS 6 Development covers a variety of networking mechanisms, from GameKits relatively simple BlueTooth peer-to-peer model, to the addition of Bonjour discovery and network streams, through the complexity of accessing files via the web.
Dave, Alex, Kevin, and Jeff will also take you through coverage of concurrent programming and some advanced techniques for debugging your applications. The enhanced multitasking, threading, memory management and more are important. Apps are getting more and more complex, including sophisticated game apps that offer virtual or augmented reality experiences and new mapping views that take advantage of sensors and other APIs in the newest iOS 6 SDK.
Whether you are a relative newcomer to iPhone and iPad or iOS development or an old hand looking to expand your horizons, theres something for everyone in More iOS 6 Development.
What youll learn
- All about Core Data: key concepts and techniques for writing larger applications
- How to utilize a variety of networking mechanisms, including peer-to-peer connections over Bluetooth using GameKit
- Details on the addition of Bonjour discovery and network streams
- How to embed maps with Map Kit and use in-application email
- How to access a users iPod library and integrate music into apps
- Essentials of concurrent programming and advanced debugging techniques
- How to work with enhanced multitasking, threading, memory management and other APIs
- Tips on working with data from the web and the cloud, including Apple's iCloud
- How to work with the iOS 6 SDK when dealing with sensors, gyroscopes, etc. for augmented reality experiences in game and socia media apps
Who this book is for
All iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad app developers, especially developers already familiar with the basics of Apple's iPhone SDKs and who have read the previous volume, Beginning iOS 6 Development.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Here We Go Round Again
- Core Data The What, Why & How
- A Super Start: Adding, Displaying, and Deleting Data
- The Devil in the Detail View
- Preparing for Change: Migrations and Versioning
- Custom Managed Objects
- Relationships, Fetched Properties, and Expressions
- iCloud Storage
- Peer-to-Peer Over Bluetooth Using GameKit
- MapKit - new geocoding
- Messaging: Mail, Twitter, and iMessage
- iPod Library Access
- Locking It Down: Generic Security Services Framework
- Keeping Your Interface Responsive: Advanced Storyboarding
- Unit Testing, Debugging, and Instruments
- The Road Goes Ever On...
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published