- Full Description
Todays .NET developers are intrigued by what the iPhone and iPad apps landscape has to offer. Admit it: youre one of them. Apples App Store has hundreds of thousands of apps, and yours can be among them. iPhone and iPad app development using the iOS software development kit is one of the most appealing environments available for mobile technology.
Migrating to iPhone and iPad for .NET Developers helps .NET programmers get started creating iPhone and iPad apps using the iOS software development kit. Start with a crash course on development using iOS. Then, find out whether you want to use Xcode instead of Visual Studio, and prepare yourself for the migration from C# to Objective-C! You'll learn how your existing .NET skills can map most efficiently to the iOS development environment.
Next, you'll really get coding with Objective-C and the iOS software development kit. You'll build your skills and enhance your apps with visually appealing, dynamic user interfaces and pushing/pulling data from a database though events and more. Discover the wonders of the Cocoa library, and learn new ways to do things you already know like the back of your hand in the .NET environment.
Nearing the finish line, you'll build your first complete iPhone or iPad app, and extend your iPhone app featuresfor example, by using third-party libraries. Once you have created that first iPhone or iPad app, we'll walk you through making it available on the App Store. Migrating to iPhone and iPad for .NET Developers even offers tips on how to market your apps to new customers.
When you finish reading Migrating to iPhone and iPad for .NET Developers, you'll be an iOS apps developer as well as a .NET developer, in todays competitive and fun mobile landscape!
What youll learn
- How to efficiently and quickly migrate your skills from .NET to Apple iOS for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- How to set up and start coding with the iOS software development kit, Xcode and other Apple iOS and Mac tools
- How to enhance your app with a dynamic user interface
- How to store and retrieve data and configure your apps
- How to de-bug and test your apps in the iOS environment
- How to publish your first app on Apples App Store
Who this book is for
If you're a Windows or .NET programmer who wants to get into iPhone or iPad apps development for the very first time, this book is for you!
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Get Set Up: Development on Apple's Tools and Platforms
- Jump In: A Crash Course on Development Using the iOS SDK
- Understand Your Options: Using Third-Party Solutions and MonoTouch
- Going Deeper: .NET, Objective-C and the iOS SDK
- Get to Work: Creating Your First Application
- Build Your Skills: Enhancing Your Application with a Dynamic User Interface
- Get the Data: Storing and Retrieving Data & Configuring Your Applications
- Extend Your Apps: Extending Your iOS Application with Third Party Libraries
- Get Published: Testing, Deploying and Distributing Your Applications
- Extend Your Skills: Advanced Features
A. Completing the Lunar Lander Application
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published