- Full Description
For the beginner who has never programmed, Beginning iOS Storyboarding shows how to extract those cool and innovative app ideas you have in your head into a working app ready for sale on the iTunes store by using Apple's new Storyboarding technology. Storyboarding allows you to skip chunks of code by just dragging scenes and segues onto your Storyboard canvas. A time saver for sure, but it's new!
Dr. Rory Lewis, Yulia McCarthy and Stephen Moraco a best selling Apress author, a former Apple iOS engineering group intern and a successful app developer have teamed up to bring you this book, Beginning iOS Storyboarding. The three authors have found a beautiful way to lead the beginner into Storyboarding and at the same time show old school coders of Objective-C the new and exquisite methodology of this incredible tool.
Even if you're an intermediate or pro-level Objective-C developer, you can still learn the ins and outs of Xcode's new Storyboarding feature, and find new ways of building and debugging your new Storyboarding app. Yup: This book is also for you, too.
In this book, you get the following, beyond learning the fundamentals and classical elements of Storyboarding:
- Design and build utilities and a location based service app using Storyboarding techniques
- Design and build a universal app with a rich user interface and user experience (UX)
- Create a fun game app, and more
What youll learn
- How iOS Storyboarding is like a different planet in the Xcode universe. We do this by introducing you to the standard transitions to views, passing data to the views, returning data from the views, and, lastly, showing how to navigate the critical transitions to views.
- How to develop a simple utility app using Storyboarding. Here we learn the foundation of many apps, which is how to place controls on the settings screen of a utility application and to return those settings to the main view of the app via the settings view delegate protocol.
- How to develop an app with an advanced MKMapView. Specifically, we introduce you to override the default views provided by Apples initial project templates. This opens the door to you being able to code specialized views such as MKMapView, and utilize iOS Location Services for building navigation-based apps.
- What are the cool, powerful tools that enable you to create page controller view transitions. We dig deep into the ins and outs of how to apply the UIPageControls to display views and supply traditional view notification to controlled views.
- How to create a very cool universal app while you learn how to develop table views, which in the iPad case, present themselves differently depending upon the device orientation using the UISplitViewController.
- How to build a universal app with two Storyboards (one for iPhone, one for iPad) and provide techniques and tips for developing universal apps.
- How to develop a cool game app which stretches your knowledge of how segues can be used to provide much more complex navigation paths between screens and devices.
Who this book is for
This book is for the beginner who has never programmed, but can use the Storyboarding tool in Xcode to get up and running fast. This book is also for experienced iOS developers who wish to learn Storyboarding to quickly cut down on their app development and debugging time.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Storyboarding with MapView
- Building a Utility Application
- Storyboarding a Page-Based App
- Mastering Table Views with Storyboarding: Core Data Setup
- Mastering Table Views with Storyboarding: Designing the Flow
- Mastering Table Views with Storyboarding: Coding the Backend
- Single View #3: wanderBoard Part I
- Single View #3: wanderBoard Part II
- Single View #3: wanderBoard Part III
- How Far You Have Come
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published