- Full Description
Mastering client development is essential to truly mastering the MVC Framework. The benefits of using the MVC pattern on the server-side are now well understood and have become hugely popular. However to fully reap the advantages of MVC you must also understand what is happening on the client-side.
Modern client browsers are extremely feature rich and capable of doing a great deal of processing and communication work for your application. If used correctly, they will streamline your data and application workflows, making your code appear both faster and more responsive to your users. By using client-side processing you reduce the load on your servers and save both bandwidth and CPU costs.
Starting with the nuts-and-bolts you'll be shown everything you need to know from first-principals through to advanced features. Pro ASP.NET MVC Client Development goes in-depth to give you the knowledge you need. Each topic is covered clearly and concisely and is packed with the details you need to be truly effective.
What youll learn
- Understand the benefits that the MVC pattern can bring to your client-side development.
- Learn how to use the MVC Framework to provide data services to clients
- Apply the MVC pattern and concepts to your client-side code for seamless integration
- Learn how to tailor your MVC Framework application to mobile devices effectively
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for any experienced .NET developer who wants to learn more about how best to apply ASP.NET MVC.
- Table of Contents
Table of ContentsPart I – Getting Started with Client-side MVC
1. Introduction to client-side development with MVC
2. Putting ASP.NET in Context
3. Essential C# Language Features
4. Essential Development Tools
5. MVC Essentials
6. HTML and CSS Essentials
7. Using jQuery
9. Functions, Types, Classes
10. JS language features
11. SolvingCommon Problems
Part III – ASP.NET Core Features for Client Development
12. PuttingClient Development Features in Context
13. ManagingScripts (Bundles, Minification and CDNs, Dependency Management)
14. PushNotification (Azure Notification Hub)
15. Real-TimeUpdates (SignalR)
17. FriendlyURLs and Browser Identification
Part IV – Client-Side Development Techniques
18. Client-sideView Models
19. Client-SideURL Routing
20. CreatingSingle-Page Applications
21. CreatingResponsive Web Applications
22. CreatingMobile Web Applications
23. Testing& Profiling Client-Side Applications
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published