- Full Description
Metro Style Application Recipes for Windows 8 in C# is your practical companion to developing "immersive" applications on Windows 8 utilizing XAML, C# and the new Windows Runtime (WinRT). This book tackles common problems and scenarios that on-the-job developers face every day by revealing code and detailed solutions. Youll quickly be able to integrate real-world, functioning code into your applicationsand save hours of coding time.
The recipes included in Metro Style Application Recipes for Windows 8 in C# have been carefully selected and tested with the professional developer in mind. Youll find problems stated clearly and succinctly, artful solutions explored and ample discussion of the code and context so you're immediately clear how the solution will support your project. You'll also discover the platform innovations presented in Windows 8 and WinRT and how to effectively employ them.
Enjoy in-depth coverage of Windows 8 Metro application development in many projects and contexts, including:
- Designing engaging, fast and fluid, content centric user experiences.
- Manipulating content and the runtime environment through the Windows Runtime APIs.
- Consuming, transforming, and displaying data in your Metro Applications using XAML, XML, JSON and other data formats.
- Using and customizing the rich set of pre-built Windows 8 controls as well as building custom controls.
- Integrating media to create a visually rich user experience.
- Tapping into the power of Windows 8 platform features like Share and Search in your own applications.
- Utilizing system and hardware services such as sensors, touch, geo-location, portable devices, and more.
What youll learn
- Fundamentals of the WinRT programming model and the Metro Application Lifecycle
- Constructing immersive Metro style user interfaces utilizing XAML and the WinRT control set.
- Integrating Windows 8 system contracts such as Search, Share, Settings and PlayTo.
- Leveraging system and hardware services such as sensors, touch, portable devices etc.
- Utilizing local and remote data sources from within your application.
- Integrating media into your applications to create deeply engaging user experiences.
Who this book is for
Metro Style Application Recipes for Windows 8 in C# is for every Windows developer planning to build Metro applications for Windows 8 using C# and XAML. All developers and architects looking to deeply understand and utilize the new Windows 8 developer technologies will find Metro Style Application Recipes for Windows 8 using C# a must-have guide.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Your First Metro Style Application
- Programming Model and Application Architecture
- User Interface
- User Input
- Controls and Customization
- File System
- Sensors & Devices
- Live Tiles and Notifications
- Contracts and Extensions
- Security and Identity
- Kinect & Windows 8
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published