- Full Description
- Learn to utilize built-in PHP functions to build calendar tools.
- Learn how jQuery can be used for Ajax, animation, client-side validation, and more.
What youll learn
- How to use PHP to build a calendar application that allows users to post, view, edit, and delete events
- How to use jQuery to allow the calendar app to be viewed and edited without requiring page refreshes using built-in Ajax functions
- The power and versatility of PHP's object-oriented programming style
- The various forms of security available and how to best apply them
- jQuery plug-in development patterns to create modular, reusable jQuery plug-ins.
- The basics of jQuery effects, including fading elements, generating HTML markup on the fly, and creating modal windows
Who this book is for
This book is intended for programmers who want to bridge the gap between front- and back-end programming. It does not cover HTML or CSS except where absolutely necessary, and it focuses on taking intermediate PHP developers to the next level while getting comfortable with Ajax and the power of jQuery.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing jQuery
- Common jQuery Actions and Methods
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Build an Events Calendar
- Add Controls to Create, Edit, and Delete Events
- Password Protecting Sensitive Actions and Areas
- Enhancing the User Interface with jQuery
- Editing the Calendar with Ajax and jQuery
- Performing Form Validation with Regular Expressions
- Extending jQuery
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.On page Start with 126 page:I found inconsistent sections on chapter 4. The figure 4-1 doesn't show the correct folder structure of the calendar scripts. The class wrapper script doesn't have the include section related with database class. The initialization file, called init.inc.php doesn't work properly, the problem is related with the function _autload($class), the variable $class doesn't load the calendar name class properly.
On page 73:
The line that says:
On page 126:
Undefined variable: db in C:\wamp\www\Pro PHP & jQuery\Source Files\sys\class\class.db_connect.inc.php on line 31
Intersting because I do get the response from:
echo "<pre>", var_dump($cal), "</pre>";
on page 133.
On page 126:* @param object $dbo
protected function __construct($dbo=NULL)
* @param object $db
protected function __construct($db=NULL)
On page 153:Notice: Undefined variable: event_info in /var/www/php_y_jquery/ch04/sys/class/class.Calendar.inc.php on line 314