- Full Description
If you are a web programmer, you need to know modern PHP. This book presents with many new areas in which PHP plays a large role. If you want to write a mobile application using geo-location data, Pro PHP Programming will show you how. Additionally, if you need to make sure that you can write a multilingual indexing application using Sphinx, this book will help you avoid the pitfalls.
Of course, Pro PHP Programming gives a thorough survey of PHP post-5.3. You'll begin by working through an informative survey and clear guide to object-oriented PHP. Then, you'll be set for the core of the book on modern PHP applications. Now, you'll be able to start with the chapter on PHP for mobile programming and move on to sampling social media applications. You'll also be guided through new PHP programming language features like closures and namespaces.
Pro PHP Programming deals with filtering data from users and databases next, so you'll be well prepared for relational and NoSQL databases. Of course, you can also learn about data retrieval from other sources, like OCR libraries or websites. Then the question of how to format and present data arises, and in Pro PHP Programming, you'll find solutions via JSON, AJAX and XML.
What youll learn
- PHP 5.3 object-oriented programming and new PHP features
- Writing programs talking to SQL-based and NoSQL-based databases alike
- Using modern PHP programmer's tools
- Writing social media applications
- Investigating NoSQL datastores
- Writing PHP programs for a cloud ecology
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate and advanced PHP programmers, as well as programmers coming from other languages such as Python, Perl, C/C++. It can also be utilized by programmers with knowledge of a previous PHP version who want to return to PHP.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Object Orientation
- Exceptions and References
- Mobile PHP
- Social Media
- Cutting Edge
- Form Design and Management
- Database Interaction I
- Database Interaction II
- Database Interaction III
- Agile Development with Zend Studio for Eclipse, Bugzilla, Mylyn, and Subversion
- Refactoring, Unit Testing, and Continuous Intergration
- JSON and AJAX
- Regular Expressions
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published