- Full Description
If youve been using PHP for sometime now and would like to start using a web framework, youll want to try CakePHP, which is an open source rapid development web framework built on PHP.
PHP experts Kai Chan and John Omokore guide you through a variety of practical CakePHP applications. You will work on projects such as a video gallery, unit testing application, an ecommerce app, a blog site, and much more. Practical CakePHP Projects covers the key architectural concepts as well as including mini projects that you can use to enhance your own applications.
- A friendly introduction for any web programmer looking to choose a PHP framework
- Realworld projects based on current and future trends
- Practical CakePHP techniques that you can use right away
What youll learn
- Painlessly create a secure and dynamic web site with CakePHP and MySQL.
- Discover how CakePHP can be used in highlevel and demanding applications using CakePHP builtin components as well as methods such as Smarty, caching, and unit testing.
- See how CakePHP integrates with technologies such as Ajax and web services.
- Integrate your own components into CakePHPs framework.
- Apply CakePHP to mainstream technologies such as Google Video, blogging, mash-ups, and ecommerce.
- Work through the few pitfalls of some of the CakePHP framework, for example, Access Control Lists.
Who this book is for
Aimed primarily at CakePHP novices to professionals and PHP programmers seeking to build web applications easily using CakePHP and related web technologies, this book will also appeal to programmers using other frameworks in other languages, for example, Ruby on Rails and Java Spring.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published