- Full Description
Processing: Creative Coding and Generative Art in Processing 2 is a fun and creative approach to learning programming. Using the easy to learn Processing programming language, you will quickly learn how to draw with code, and from there move to animating in 2D and 3D. These basics will then open up a whole world of graphics and computer entertainment.
If youve been curious about coding, but the thought of it also makes you nervous, this book is for you; if you consider yourself a creative person, maybe worried programming is too non-creative, this book is also for you; if you want to learn about the latest Processing 2.0 language release and also start making beautiful code art, this book is also definitely for you.
You will learn how to develop interactive simulations, create beautiful visualizations, and even code image-manipulation applications. All this is taught using hands-on creative coding projects. Processing 2.0 is the latest release of the open-source Processing language, and includes exciting new features, such as OpenGL 2 support for enhanced 3D graphics performance.
Processing: Creative Coding and Generative Art in Processing 2 is designed for independent learning and also as a primary text for an introductory computing class. Based on research funded by the National Science Foundation, this book brings together some of the most engaging and successful approaches from the digital arts and computer science classrooms.
- Teaches you how to program using a fun and creative approach.
- Covers the latest release of the Processing 2.0 language.
- Presents a research based approach to learning computing.
What youll learn
- Learn the latest features of Processing 2.0
- Gain a solid understanding of coding concepts, such as design, analysis, and object-oriented programming
- Generate algorithmic art
- Code 2D and 3D interactive animations
- Create a visualization based on big data
Who this book is for
Processing: Creative Coding and Generative Art in Processing 2 is for anyone who wants to learn how to program, really anyone! It is also a great, research-based companion text for an introductory computing class.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Diving into the Shallow End
- Art by Numbers
- Processing Boot Camp
- Creating Across Time and Curved Space
- Expressive Power of Data
- Organizing Chaos
- Creative Abstraction
- Drawing with Recursion
- Painting with Bits
- Expressive Imaging
- Spreading Your Creative Coding Wings
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published