- Full Description
Combining the best features of C, UNIX utilities, and regular expressions, Perl has grown as one of the most powerful and popular scripting languages. The valuable Perl is often used for system administration, text processing and Web programming. It is even being used for more exotic areas, like bioinformatics. Perl is supported by all of the most prominent operating systems, including Windows, Unix, OS/2, Amiga, and others.
Pro Perl Debugging steps in to help resolve the dilemma of application testing and debuggingone of the biggest time commitments in a programmers daily routine. What this book will do is rescue you from substandard application testing practices. The book commences with several chapters that overview the debuggers basic features, then covers common debugging scenarios. The concluding portion examines debugger customization, alternative debugging utilities, and debugging best practices.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Inspecting Variables and Getting Help
- Controlling Program Execution
- Debugging a Simple Command Line Program
- Tracing Execution
- Debugging Modules
- Debugging Object-Oriented Perl
- Using the Debugger As a Shell
- Debugging a CGI Program
- Perl Threads and Forked Processes
- Debugging Regular Expressions
- Debugger Customization
- Optimization and Performance Hints and Tips
- Command Line and GUI Debuggers
- Comprehensive Command Reference
- Book References and URLs
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 33:"c 47" should be "c 46"