- Full Description
Practical REST on Rails 2 Projects is a guide to joining the burgeoning world of open web applications. It argues that opening up your application can provide significant benefits and involves you in the entire processfrom setting up your application, to creating clients for it, to handling success and all its attendant problems.
- This book is the essential resource for anyone who wants to make their web application a full participant in the new Internet
- This book is intended for intermediatetoadvanced Rails developerspeople who use Rails regularly for sites and applications more complicated than the prototypical rollyourown blog
- In particular, its targeted at Rails developers who want to be good Web 2.0 citizenssharing the functionality of their app with other sites to the betterment of everyone
- Application projects include iPhone, Facebook, and REST for the enterprise
What youll learn
- Develop REST web services in Rails 2 Framework
- Build from the serverside perspective and integrate with PHP
- Develop RESTful application on Rails for the Apple iPhone
- Create a Facebook application using REST on Rails
- Examine REST on Rails for the Enterprise
Who this book is for
This book is intended for intermediatetoadvanced Rails developerspeople who use Rails regularly for sites and applications more complicated than the prototypical rollyourown blog.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published