- Full Description
Sam Alapatis Expert Oracle Database 11g Administration is a comprehensive handbook for Oracle database administrators (DBAs) using the 11g release of the Oracle Database. All key aspects of database administration are covered, including backup and recovery, daytoday administration and monitoring, performance tuning, and more. This is the one book to have on your desk as a continual reference. Refer to it frequently. Itll help you get the job done.
- Comprehensive handbook for Oracle Database administrators. Covers all major aspects of database administration.
- Tests and explains in detail key DBA commands.
- Offers primers on Linux/Unix, data modeling, SQL, and PL/SQL.
What youll learn
- Prepare an environment for Oracle. Configure the system. Install the software. Create a database.
- Monitor your database environment daytoday with confidence that you will detect and resolve problems before they become emergencies.
- Get the most out of Oracle Database 11g by taking full advantage of its management features and cuttingedge technologies.
- Back up your database and be able to recover it if needed.
- Secure your database, in terms of both regulatory compliance and user management.
- Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity, network, and performance problems.
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle Database 11g Administration is written for Oracle database administrators who want a comprehensive reference to refer to during their daytoday work. Its clearly written in a way that is accessible to both intermediate and beginning administrators. Readers can easily and quickly find the content they need.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published