- Full Description
Expert Oracle RAC 12c is a hands-on book helping you understand and implement Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), and to reduce the total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) of a RAC database. As a seasoned professional, you are probably aware of the importance of understanding the technical details behind the RAC stack. This book provides deep understanding of RAC concepts and implementation details that you can apply toward your day-to-day operational practices. Youll be guided in troubleshooting and avoiding trouble in your installation. Successful RAC operation hinges upon a fast-performing network interconnect, and this book dedicates a chapter solely to that very important and easily overlooked topic.
All four authors are experienced RAC engineers with a wealth of hard-won experience encountering and surmounting the challenges of running a RAC environment that delivers on its promise. In Expert Oracle RAC 12c they provide you a framework in which to avoid repeating their hard-won lessons. Their goal is for you to manage your own RAC environment with ease and expertise.
- Provides a deep conceptual understanding of RAC
- Provides best practices to implement RAC properly and match application workload
- Enables readers to troubleshoot RAC with ease
What youll learn
- Know when to apply RAC, and when not to
- Design applications to take advantage of RAC
- Troubleshoot and solve clusterware problems
- Manage database backup and recovery in RAC
- Stay on top of locking issues and deadlock detection
- Harness the performance from parallel processing in RAC
- Support your RAC environment with a healthy network interconnect
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle RAC 12c is for experienced Oracle Database Administrators (DBAs) who are ready to take the next step in their career by expanding their skill set to include building and managing Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC). DBAs and architects who are in the process of implementing RAC can immensely benefit from this book. Its an excellent choice for DBAs to learn RAC conceptually, understand best practices, and become experts in troubleshooting RAC problems.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Overview of Oracle RAC
- Clusterware Management and Troubleshooting
- RAC Operational Practices
- RAC New Features
- Storage and ASM Practices
- Application Design Issues
- Managing and Optimizing a Complex RAC Environment
- Backup and Recovery in RAC
- Network Practices in RAC
- RAC Database Optimization
- Locks and Deadlocks
- Parallel Query in RAC
- Clusterware and Database Upgrades
- Oracle RAC One Node
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 35:
Line: "Then, CRSD orarootagent is responsible..."
However, Fig. 2-3 (p. 33) shows, that the actions, described in this line, are done by oraagent, not orarootagent.
On page 49:
Line: $ocrcheck -local -config ...
Should be: "OLR" instead of "LOR".
On page 55:
Line: Note It is mandatory to maintain ...
Should be: "RDBMS" instead of "RDBSM".