Oct 19, 2010 10:30:00 AM
Gary Mazo, Martin Trautschold, and Kevin Michaluk authors of Apress’s latest book "Crackberry: True Tales of Blackberry Use and Abuse," offers this fun CrackBerry addict quiz. Simply grab a pen or just open MemoPad and answer either yes or no to each question. When you’re done, tally all your yes answers and find out if you score in the addict range!
1) Do you constantly think about using your BlackBerry?
2) Do you constantly check your BlackBerry, even when you know there is no new email?
3) Do you ever sneak away from people or groups to use your BlackBerry without anyone knowing?
4) Do you deny it when asked if you were just using your BlackBerry?
5) Do you have to check your BlackBerry before bed and immediately upon waking?
6) Do you use your BlackBerry in the bathroom?
7) Do you wish you could use your BlackBerry in the shower?
8) Have you ever ignored others in a conversation to use your BlackBerry?
9) Have you ever checked your BlackBerry while at a meal with others?
10) Have you ever checked your BlackBerry while at a stoplight?
11) Have you ever read your BlackBerry while driving a vehicle?
12) Have you ever typed on your BlackBerry while driving a vehicle?
13) Do you check your BlackBerry while riding your bike or walking on a busy street?
14) Have you ever bumped into someone because you were looking at your BlackBerry instead of watching where you’re going?
15) Have you ever put down your BlackBerry swearing that you won’t use it, and then find yourself picking it up again shortly thereafter?
16) Do you try to stop using your BlackBerry on weekends and on vacation, but can’t do it?
17) Do you feel that you have to check your BlackBerry at least every hour outside work hours?
18) Do you feel that you have to check your BlackBerry at least every 30 minutes during the work day?
19) Do you use your BlackBerry even when you know you have no emails or calls that need to be answered before the next work day?
20) Has anyone ever approached you with concern about your BlackBerry use?
21) Do you have multiple backup batteries or multiple charging cables to be sure that your BlackBerry is never without power?
22) Do you have a backup BlackBerry handheld, in case your current one breaks or fails?
23) Do you spend more than 30 minutes a day just doing anything on your BlackBerry?
24) Do you play games on your BlackBerry (for more than 30 minutes per week)?
25) Do you feel ‘lost’ or ‘naked’ when you don’t have your BlackBerry with you?
26) Do you feel hopeless about your relationship with your BlackBerry?
What was your score?
0: No Addiction (Are you being honest?)
1-5: Mild Addiction
6-10: Medium Addiction
11-15: Strong Addiction
16-19: Painful Addiction
20+: Beyond Addiction and into Obsession (get help now!)
About "Crackberry: True Tales of Blackberry Use and Abuse"
"Crackberry: True Tales of Blackberry Use and Abuse" offers a comprehensive 12-Step Program for BlackBerry users and abusers. It’s a must-have if you own a BlackBerry. This book covers the phenomenon of 'BlackBerry Addiction' and offers true-life accounts of BlackBerry dependence and mishaps. "Crackberry: True Tales of Blackberry Use and Abuse" provides comfort and humor through unbelievable tales of BlackBerry abuse and also presents valuable information along the way.
About the Authors
Gary Mazo is Vice President of Made Simple Learning and is a writer, a College Professor, a gadget nut and an ordained rabbi. Gary joined Made Simple Learning in 2007 and has co-authored the last thirteen books in the "Made Simple" Series. Gary teaches at the University of Phoenix—teaching Writing, Philosophy, Technical Writing and more. Gary is a regular contributor to CrackBerry.com—writing product reviews and adding Editorial Content.
Martin Trautschold is the Founder and CEO of Made Simple Learning, a leading provider of Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, and Palm webOS books and video tutorials. He has been a successful entrepreneur in the mobile device training and software business since 2001. With Made Simple Learning, he has been helping to train thousands of BlackBerry Smartphone users with short, to-the-point video tutorials. He has now co-authored fifteen Made Simple guide books.
Kevin Michaluk is the Founder and Community Manager of CrackBerry.com, the most trafficked BlackBerry community site on the web. He received his first BlackBerry phone while working for CanWest Global, a media company, and has been a BlackBerry addict ever since. Kevin graduated from the I.H. Asper School of Business at the University of Manitoba with numerous business plan competition awards and accolades including the Asper School of Business Academic Lifetime Achievement Award.
"Crackberry: True Tales of Blackberry Use and Abuse"
By Gary Mazo, Martin Trautschold, and Kevin Michaluk
Published October 19, 2010
Print Book Price: $19.99
eBook Price: $13.99