- Full Description
C is the most widely used programming language of all time. It has been used to create almost every category of software imaginable and the list keeps growing every day. Cutting-edge applications, such as Arduino, embeddable and wearable computing are ready-made for C.
Advanced Topics In C teaches concepts that any budding programmer should know. You'll delve into topics such as sorting, searching, merging, recursion, random numbers and simulation, among others. You will increase the range of problems you can solve when you learn how to manipulate versatile and popular data structures such as binary trees and hash tables.
This book assumes you have a working knowledge of basic programming concepts such as variables, constants, assignment, selection (if..else) and looping (while, for). It also assumes you are comfortable with writing functions and working with arrays. If you study this book carefully and do the exercises conscientiously, you would become a better and more agile programmer, more prepared to code today's applications (such as the Internet of Things) in C.
What youll learn
- What are and how to use structures, pointers, and linked lists
- How to manipulate and use stacks and queues
- How to use random numbers to program games, and simulations
- How to work with files, binary trees, and hash tables
- Sophisticated sorting methods such as heapsort, quicksort, and mergesort
- How to implement all of the above using C
Who this book is for
Those with a working knowledge of basic programming concepts, such as variables, constants, assignment, selection (if..else) and looping (while, for). It also assumes you are comfortable with writing functions and working with arrays.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Sorting, Searching and Merging
4. Linked Lists
5. Stacks and Queries
7. Random Numbers, Games and Simulation
8. Working with Files
9. Introduction to Binary Trees
10. Advanced Sorting
11. Hash Tables
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published