- Full Description
The Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax reference to the popular Objective-C programming language, which is the core language behind the APIs found in the Apple iOS and Mac OS SDKs. It presents the essential Objective-C syntax in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You wont find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons, or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a language reference that is concise, to the point and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any Objective-C programmer.
In the Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference, you will find:
- A concise reference to the Objective-C language syntax.
- Short, simple, and focused code examples.
- A well laid out table of contents and a comprehensive index allowing easy review.
What youll learn
- How to create a Objective-C HelloWorld
- How to Compile and Run
- What are the Objective-C code class definitions
- How to use objects in Objective-C
- How to effectively use categories to extend the various classes
- What is key-value observation
- How to archive an object graph
- How to implement the delegation design pattern with protocols
- How to master code blocks and much more
Who this book is for
This book is a quick, handy pocket syntax reference for experienced Objective-C, Mac, and iOS programmers, and a concise, easily-digested introduction for other programmers new to Objective-C.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Hello World
2. Build and Run
10. For Loops
11. While Loops
12. Do While Loops
13. For-Each Loops
15. Switch Statements
16. Defining Classes
17. Class Methods
21. Key-Value Coding
22. Key-Value Observing
24. Implementing Delegation
25. Implementing Singleton
26. Error Handling
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published