- Full Description
Beginning Modern Cocoa is a modern or Apps era Cocoa programming guide that introduces you to the world of Mac OS X app programming as Apple redefines the platform to its core. New technologies from the iOS platform are being integrated into OS X. OS X is evolving rapidly and contributing technologies back to iOS.
Even venerable Objective-C has been overhauled and enhanced. The core toolset has been radically rethought into Xcode 4, which now integrates everything into one consistent environment designed to maximize developer productivity. So, this modern Cocoa tutorial incorporates Objective-C changes and keeps in mind today's modern apps-based approach.
With this definitive tutorial by Alex Cone, one of the founders of Cocoa and Cocoa touch, start developing with the latest tools like Cocoa Auto Layout UI, Blocks, Mac App Store Deployment and Push Notifications.
Learn how to seamlessly integrate iCloud support so your app seems to magically have its data wherever you are. Most chapters in this action packed tutorial come with examples and use case scenarios that you can learn from and apply to your own situations.
What youll learn
- What is Cocoa and Cocoa touch
- What are some Objective-C fundamentals that may be needed, if you're new
- What are today's best and most useful Cocoa design patterns
- How to work with events, Core Data, iCloud, files, i/o, etc.
- What are and how to use the Cocoa User Experience and Interface APIs
- How to do fancy text and employ animation with Core Animation
- How to use this book's many examples and apply to your own situations
Who this book is for
This book is for new and experienced Objective-C programmers looking to learn the most popular Objective-C framework and libraries, called Cocoa. It's also for Mac and even iOS app developers looking to refine their Objective-C and Cocoa skills, techniques and use.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
2. Modern Cocoa - What's In The Box?
3. Let's Start Developing with Modern Cocoa!
4. Modern Objective-C
5. Xcode 4 - The One (Modern) Tool To Rule Them All!
6. Modern Cocoa Design Patterns
7. Modern Cocoa Application Behavior
8. The Modern Filesystem
9. Modern User Experience
10. Putting it All Together and Parting Thoughts
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published