- Full Description
You've developed a killer app for one mobile devicenow its time to maximize your intellectual investment and develop for the full spectrum of mobile platforms and devices. With Cracking iPhone and Android Native Development, youll learn how to quickly retool between the iPhone and Android platforms and broaden the interest and audience of your app, without working with burdensome and error-prone compatibility layers and toolkits.
Cracking iPhone and Android Native Development takes you, the developer, through the same mobile software development project on both platforms, learning the differences between and the relative strengths and weaknesses of each platform as you go. No magic intermediate layers of obfuscationby the time you get to the end, you'll be an expert at developing for any of the major smartphone platforms using each vendor's preferred toolset and approach.
Cracking iPhone and Android Native Development covers the iPhone and Android platforms, two of the hottest mobile device platforms on the market today.
What youll learn
- How to develop, end-to-end, the same application on iPhone and Android platforms.
- The different service architectures available on each platform, concentrating on services related to storage, communications and security.
- Key differences in deploying and managing applications on the various platforms.
- How to translate experience at developing on one platform to speed development when attempting a project on a different platform.
- Plus, stay on top of developments in the mobile application space by visiting the author's comprehensive resource site at http://www.multimobiledevelopment.com
Who this book is for
Cracking iPhone and Android Native Development is the essential book for software developers looking to build applications that run natively, without cumbersome compatibility layers and toolkits, on the iPhone and Android platforms.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Six Bookmarks Server Service
- Application Architecture and Functional Specification
- Android: Installing the Toolset
- Android: Building the Logon Form and Consuming REST Services
- Android: An ORM Layer on SQLite
- Android: Pushing Changes to the Server
- iOS: Installing the Toolset
- iOS: Building the Logon Form and Consuming REST Services
- iOS: An ORM Layer on SQLite
- iOS: Pushing Changes Back to the Server
- iOS: MonoTouch
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published