- Full Description
Pro (IBM) WebSphere Application Server 7 Internals covers the internal architecture and implementation of the WebSphere Application Server (WAS) version 7 product set and how other IBM products extend it. It presents information to enable administrators, developers, and architects to learn about the aspects of WAS that apply to them:
- Administrators will come to understand how the WAS7 environment functions to best optimize it for their environment, and what to do when things go wrong.
- Developers will learn to extend the functionality in the base WAS product.
- Architects will see how the WAS product underpins the IBM offerings to fit in an enterprise.
What youll learn
- Explore the internal architecture that makes up a modern highend application server and how other products extend it to provide additional functionality.
- Implement, deploy, and serve Java EE 5 and other enterprise Java applications.
- See how the environment all fits together so you can make the best use of the WebSphere Application Server services.
- Explore how all this works with simple, important code examples.
- Troubleshoot problems when the inevitable crisis occurs.
Who this book is for
- Java architects wanting to understand how a modern application server works
- Java developers targeting the JEE and the WAS7 implementation in particular
- WAS7 administrators wanting to understand how to optimize the environment for their application behavior and what underpins the errors in the logs when things do go wrong
- Software architecture students learning how modern system software is architected and implemented
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- WAS Architecture Outline from 50,000 Feet
- The IBM J9 Java Virtual Machine for Java 6
- Eclipse/OSGi Runtime
- Underlying WAS Runtime
- The EJB Container
- The Web Container
- Web Services
- Service Integration Bus
- High Availability
- Load Balancing and Scalability
- Related Products
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published